Sunday, October 27, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to my scrabble tile craft blog!  I'm one of those people that when I get an idea or inspiration, I run with it, and this has been one of those ideas.  It began with the desire to create scrabble tile magnets for my preschool classroom.  Once those were complete I was left with many tiles and no idea what to do with them.  During a stroll through pinterest, I came across scrabble tile pendants and a giant lightbulb appeared over my head.

When I say I run with an idea, I don't mean it lightly; I began buying up all sorts of craft paper, every kind of mod podge available, and as many scrabble tiles as I could find (ebay has become my new best friend for it). I currently have several thousand scrabble tiles, but less than half have been turned into charms.

I started showing them to friends and family and many started buying them up!  I also opened an etsy shop, but because I can't afford to do the extra advertising, I'm just relying on word of mouth.  I've also stepped into the world of craft shows, only one so far, so I'm still working out all the kinks.

My other passions include photography and graphic design, so I intend to make this blog very image heavy, just a warning ;)

And remember to enjoy the small things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment